Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
I am not going to lie, as an Italian, the very thought of messing with something as traditional as cheesecake had me a bit skeptical. I will say curiosity got the best of me when I found this recipe on Tasteoftwoplates.com, and I am so happy I tried it. Easy to make and delicious. You will need a 9” springform pan and a food processor.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ cup dried coconut flakes (I ommitted)
- ½ tsp sea salt (I ommitted)
Base Cheesecake Ingredients
- 4 cups cashews soaked for 3 hrs in fridge
- 1 cup agave syrup
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup water or almond milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (can use frozen)
- ½ cup agave syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine crust ingredients in food processor until well combined and a sticky dough-like consistency. Spread evenly in bottom of pan.
2. Blend all base cheesecake ingredients together until creamy. If nuts are not soaked long enough, you will not get a creamy texture. Pour on top of crust mixture.
3. Blend blueberry sauce together. You can swirl it into cheesecake batter or create topping on top of cake after it is firm. I did a little of both. I had enough left over to use on top of proein pancakes which were delicious.
4. Put cheesecake in freezer to firm overnight. Remove cheesecake 1-2 hrs before serving to thaw. (I have had it frozen and was just as good.)
*THIS IS NOT YOUR GRANDMOTHER’S CHEESECAKE…BUT IT SURE IS A DELICIOUS ALTERNATIVE TO ALL THE DAIRY.
**Feel free to use raspberries or strawberries or berries of choice.